Prerequisites and System Requirements
The following are the prerequisites that must be met before installing Pervasive Integration Agent:
- A PC with a 1 GHz or faster processor.
- Microsoft Windows XP, Server 2008 R2, or Windows 7.
- 2 GB free hard drive space.
Note: Integration Agent requires 8 MB of the 2 GB free space.
- 1 GB of RAM for the 32-bit installation and 4 GB of RAM for the 64-bit installation.
- 32-bit Java 1.6.
Note: 64-bit Agent requires 64-bit Java.
- The Pervasive common directory must be in the path. The default path is C:\Program Files\Pervasive\Cosmos9\Common
Note: The path can be verified by running the path statement from the command line.
Installing Pervasive Integration Agent
To install Pervasive Integration Agent, complete the following steps:
- Start the installation.
- In the About to Install dialog box, click <Next>.
- Click I Agree and click <Next>.
- Determine the Installation directory and click <Install>. Pervasive recommends you use the default directory to ensure the Agent installation folder resides in the same directory as the Pervasive Integrator Common directory. Agent functionality cannot be guaranteed if an alternate installation directory is selected.
- If you have not done so, verify that you have Java JDK version 6 (32-bit) installed on your system. If necessary, download the latest version from http://oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- Click <Next>.
- The installer will ask to install Pervasive Data Integrator 9. When prompted between Design Studio or Integration Engine. Both options include the Integration Engine. The Engine is the only requirement necessary for the Agent to function.
Pervasive Integration Agent is bundled with Pervasive Data Integrator V9. If already have Data Integrator installed, you may choose to cancel the Data Integrator installation. Otherwise, follow the Data Integrator Setup Wizard through to completion.
Note: If you are running the Pervasive Data Integrator V9 Slim Installer or Data Integrator v10, then you should already have the correct version of Data Integrator installed on your system. You will not be prompted to install Data Integrator. Proceed to step 9.
- The installer will ask to install Pervasive Data Integrator 9 Connectivity Suite. If already have Connectivity Suite installed, you may choose to cancel the Connectivity Suite installation. Otherwise follow the Connectivity Suite Setup Wizard through to completion.
- After Agent has completed the installation, you can close the installation wizard.
Note: No reboot is required before running Agent. You may launch the Agent through a shortcut that will appear on your desktop.
- Pervasive Integration Agent has been successfully installed. See Pervasive Integration Agent User Guide for additional information.